The British Embassy Jakarta is currently seeking to fill the following vacancy for:
Maintenance & Workshop Change Hand
* General Description of what the jobholders will do (scope of activities) and whom he/she will interact/cooperate with:
* Within the trial period the successful applicant would be expected to familiarise him/herself with BS 7671 the British Standards for electrical works.
* To supervise and run five directly employed workforce.
* To issue and control daily works schedule.
* To supervise working practices and oversee staff training and Health and Safety issues.
* To maintain a basic store of materials required for the daily maintenance and works with an electronic inventory.
* To manage the maintenance of the Embassy’s Air Conditioning units within the Embassy compound and elsewhere on the Embassy’s housing estate.
* To organise, implement and control the forward maintenance register.
* To organise the maintenance programme and schedule of works for the In- house staff and contractors.
* To co-ordinate all works within the Embassy compound and the housing estate.
* To maintain logbooks to make sure maintenance is correctly being completed.
* To assist the TWS in writing specifications for all types of works to be tendered and contracted out.
* Supervise tendering procedure from issuing of tender to awarding contracts.
* To assist and run tender works and contractor for quality assurance and standards.
* The job holder will also assist the UK Based Technical Works supervisor in many aspects of the job including, interpreting measuring and estimating materials for new works, completing electrical inspection and testing.
* The ideal applicant will be qualified in one of the following fields
* Electrical installations and maintenance of commercial and domestic properties. With full grounding in the latest Indonesian electrical standards with a basic knowledge of BS 7671 wiring standards.
* Mechanical air conditioning installations and maintenance of commercial and domestic properties. With full grounding in the latest Indonesian standards
* Building installations and maintenance of commercial and domestic properties. With full grounding in the latest Indonesian standards
* All applicants must have a basic knowledge of the relevant Indonesian standards for there own discipline and a working understanding of related fields with the industry.
* To have good knowledge and understanding of basic Health and Safety working practices
* Must have a good oral and written command of the English language
* Have basic computer skills and general knowledge of Microsoft programmes.
* Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and hold a current Indonesian driving licence.
* The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. We will offer a package of salary and benefits, including annual leave and medical cover, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Evidence of previous salary awards should be provided along with the application. Training opportunities may also be available.
How to Apply
* Please note that any applications not sent to the email address above will not be taken into consideration. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.The position is subject to achieving the necessary level of security clearance.
Deadline and Start Date
* Deadline for submission is noon on 29 January 2010. We hope that the successful candidate will start work on 1 March 2010.