Closing Date: Sunday, 14 March 2010
Relief International (RI)
An international humanitarian aid agency
Closing date: 14 Mar 2010
Location: Indonesia - Jakarta
JOB TITLE: Public Service Delivery Advisor
LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia, with travel to other locations in Indonesia
DURATION: 4 Years 7 months
SUMMARY: RI-SOL is currently recruiting Public Service Delivery Advisor (PSDA) candidates for an anticipated multi-year, USAID-funded Good Governance Program for Indonesia. The program seeks to improve services delivered by local governments in Indonesia. To reach this goal, the program will create and strengthen incentive systems for improved local government service delivery; adopt innovative approaches to service delivery; and replicate improved practices on a larger scale. The main areas for improved service delivery are health, education, and small business support. The PSDA will be based in Jakarta with travel to project areas throughout Indonesia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Chief of Party and other key personnel to improve the services provided by local governments in Indonesia.
- Ensure effective implementation of service improvement approaches to governance in Indonesia.
- Plan and supervise work of the program-related staff including technical specialists, institutional development specialists, and other program staff.
- Ensure that approaches and innovations promoted by the program are technically sounds and appropriate for Indonesia.
- Liaise with local government staff and regional government staff in program areas.
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to monitor the progress of program activities and their impact on government service delivery.
- Ensure the project approach and policy is in line with and reflects Government of Indonesia decentralization policy, including minimum service standards.
- Become familiar with local government service delivery of education, health, and business support services within the program area.
- Travel within Indonesia to ensure successful performance and implementation of the program.
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- A master's degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years experience working with local governments related to public service delivery and performance management;
- Must have expertise in one of more areas of economic development, education or health service delivery.
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal and teamworking skills;
- Proven leadership and organizational skills, successfully managing and coordinating large and disparate work groups;
- Basic knowledge of management processes and systems, such as human resources management and development (including performance evaluation), financial management, and management of employee compensation systems.
- Experience in working with Non-Government Organizations and Civil Society Organizations;
- Experience in the implementation of USAID project(s), or other donor projects in Indonesia;
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English is mandatory. The ability to speak Indonesian, at a working level, is also required.
- Indonesian nationals who meet these qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To Apply: Submit a resume, cover letter, salary history, 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number), and a date of availability to email@example.com Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following: PSDA-Indonesia
Reference Code: RW_7ZPPY5-23